Re: OT: Offline data storage providers

  I use Carbonite, but they don't let you backup external drives or
NAS
either.

One I did look at was Backblaze. They allow you to backup multiple PCs,
external drives, but not NAS drives - all for $5 per month. If you can
handle the additional cost and space, then you could have an external
drive as a backup of the NAS, then back that drive up to the cloud.

On-line backups take a long time to upload and the more you backup, the
longer it takes as they throttle your uploads to a max of about 2 - 4Gb
per day, regardless of your actual upload speed. They also usually
restrict the maximum file size to 4Gb, unless you opt for the premium
package where you end up paying per Gb.  Also, on-line backups are not
generally regarded as archives, since if you delete the files from your
system, usually within 30 days or less they disappear from the cloud
backup.

HTH
Geoff