Re: Sonos and X10 problems!

Hi Ian, I've been running sonos for a while and not found any problems with
my x10 at all.

I do have a couple of filters, but not on sonos.

Colin

--
- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "ianh1000" <ianh1000@...> wrote:

> Hi All, I have a comfort alarm and limited X10 hardware, mostly to
turn lights one and off at Xmas time. I had a few lights on a timer
controled by Comfort. This has worked OK for years but recently failed. I
assumed it was the Xm10U as I have had several CM10U units burn out.

> I fitted a new XM10U but it still did not work. The only new
electrical hardware I had installed about this time was Sonos! I turned off
all the Sonos kit and X10 works again!

> Does anyone else here use Sonos and X10? I am sure someone was using
X10 to power off zone controllers. As Sonos is wireless I can only assume
it has some noisy switch mode PSU. I have never needed X10 filters, will I
have to fit one to every zone player?

> Anyone else had similar problems? ( I know X10 is not great most of
the time).

> Thanks
> Ian

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums