RE: OT : Scan - sold me USA drives

> Is this nonsense ???

Gareth, not sure this helps you, but might be useful info.

I purchased a couple of WD green 2TB disks from novatech in May this year,
been using them with no issues (touching wood). Just checked the serial
numbers on WDC web site after reading your email, and they are also 'out of
region' when I select 'UK' as country. Selecting 'US' shows in limited
warranty. So it seems this 'grey' issue is not specific disks supplied to
end users by just scan.co.uk

The issue could possibly be the serial numbers in the WDC database have the
incorrect county assigned, eg 'US' vs. 'UK' ?

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums