Re: OT : Scan - sold me USA drives

:-(((

Devil is in the detail as always, but if advertised as having
"manufacturer's warranty" then that is what you (and I) should
expect.
Would you have bought if they were advertised as "3 year warranty
provided
by Scan" ??
Perhaps a case for the Advertising Standards Authority, or local CAB ?

DSR should not be an excuse for misleading advertising.

Cheers,

Tim.

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 4:32 PM, Paul Gale <groups2@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> It's not good is it.
>
> Personally, I'd return them as I value the WD warranty process, having
used
> it many times and getting easy advance replacements. I wouldn't trust
Scan's
> 3 year warranty in this case.
>
> Paul.

WD
> confirmed they are drives from the USA (so grey import).
>
> I've asked scan to come and get them, and here's their response :
>
> I can confirm the drives are covered by a 3 year warranty via Scan in
the
> UK, so this fulfils any and all of our legal obligations, manufactures
are
> not obligated under UK law in any case only we are.
>
> Should you not require the drives, they can be returned under the
Distance
> Selling Regulations, however, this will be at your cost and not at
Scan's.

> Is this nonsense ???
>
> Thanks

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums