Re: [OT] ish FTTC Fibre Broadband etc.

  • Subject: Re: [OT] ish FTTC Fibre Broadband etc.
  • From: "dreamgreenhouse_com" <yahoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 17:40:25 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Tim" <tim@...> wrote:

> Has anyone taken the plunge yet?  I was called today by a nice lady
from =
Timico offering it to me - I think she may have her wires, or fibres,
cross=
ed because BT's availability checker shows we have to wait until March to
g=
et it, but I'm nothing if not an optimist.  She emailed me a list of
prices=
(www.timfletcher.com/Timico.pdf).  Bottom line is its =EF=BF=BD45 a month =
for 20Meg speed with 2 megs up and a 20Gb limit (which I think is a bit
poo=
r) and =EF=BF=BD2/Gb thereafter.
>=20
> Has anyone got it - any other runners and riders I should consider?
If t=
hey can do it I'm tempted to just sign up....

I'm on an unlimited FTTC connection and typically getting 95Mbps down and
3=
0Mbps up link. Part of a trial by my employer.=20

Certainly changes the way you use the Internet. The faster uplink speed
mak=
es the biggest difference to me (also have 8Mbps ADSL). The huge download
s=
peed is limited by remote sites and local wireless network is a limiting
fa=
ctor too.=20=20

Rob

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums