RE: Help to 'sell' me CBUS

Hi Ben

Thanks for the feedback.  All good points and I agree that the Saturn
switches are the nicest looking.  Have you looked at the DLT versions at
all?  I wondered if they would be useful in increasing the usage of each
button as (I think) the function could change depending on conditions /
button presses.  If you're not using DLTs, how do you physically label each
button with it's function?

Also, can you elaborate on the functions you have buttons configured for?
Ie
if I bought the 6 button versions, do I configure each button as a scene
(which I'm assuming would limit to 5 scenes and off) or do you have buttons
that could allow you to cycle through scenes (as I have now on the Futronix
unit).

WRT overall control, I am definitely looking for something like IPAD
control.  This would mainly be for music control of Squeezebox but would
also like to be able to integrate heating and lighting control too.  I have
looked HomeSeer and HS Touch in the past but have yet to make a purchase.
Does this factor in to how you would use CBUS or just the selection of CBUS
vs any other product?

Another question from an installers perspective.  Having spoken to my
sparky, he has not used CBUS but has used RAKO and is happy to 'give it a
go'.  Would you expect this to cause any issues?  If I do the 'design'
should the install and commissioning be straightforward between us? I
wasn't
sure if there were any installer only software / hardware elements that
would make it difficult without.

Thanks again

Brian

PS.  Would love to come and see a demo but we are Surrey way so it would be
a bit of a punt unless we could lose the rugrats :-)