Re: Help to 'sell' me CBUS

Brian

I have installed cbus so will try and give you my views.

I initially based my decision on what switches looked best. At the end of
the
day this is the bit that you interact with everyday. Of all of the central
lighting systems the cbus Saturns were the nicest and liked by my wife as
well.

I would suggest you work out how many circuits you plan to have in total.
Personally if you are 8 or under I would suggest cbus will be uneconomical
and
would look at Lutron or something similar - Note I have not done the
calculations but thats my general feeling.

We have large open plan rooms in the house. We have 10 zones in the lounge
and
cbus allows us to have multiple lighting configs triggered from multiple
switches.

It is the same setup in the kitchen with multiple zones.

Cbus does link well to Comfort, I have the link but not made use of it
yet.Planning to do all lights off when the Alarm is armed etc etc.

Also consider if you want to control the whole setup from a iPad or
similar. I
have purchased a Pronto TSU9600 and currently playing with a cbus module
that
allows cbus control from the remote.

Overall I have been very happy with cbus. It is not cheap but give a lot of
functionality. Happy to give you a demo if you are around hertfordshire.

Hope this helps

Ben

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Brian Smith <briview@...> wrote:

> > Hi Guys
> >
> > For years and years I have been promising myself that when the
opportunity came I would go for a CBUS install but now that that
opportunity is here (from a two story rear and side extension) I'm getting
cold feet with regards to what I actually gain from it.

> > I currently have a 4 channel dimmer module from Futronix so like
the functionality of a single button controlling pre-set levels on all 4
channels etc.  The extension plans will create a largely open plan ground
floor with living, dining and kitchen areas so I was assuming that CBUS
would allow me to have multiple switch points (at entry / exit for example)
that can set scenes throughout the whole space but the detail on what is
possible with CBUS is a bit of a mystery to me.

> > So I was hoping a few kind souls on this list with practical
experience of cbus could describe the functionality they have created
(mainly with regard to lighting but I am also interested in heating and
audio control) and whether it is all delivered with cbus or in combination
with other kit like Comfort etc.  I just need a few examples of real world
use really to hook onto and sell to the wife :-)

> > Thanks
> >
> > Brian

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums