RE: Fw: How would YOU approach this HA task?

Thanks Kevin. I think it shouldn't be too hard to maintain the onboard
timer
programs... - the whole onboard timer unit is modular, and includes an
on/off/timed selector switch, so it should hopefully be just a case of
flicking *that* rather than an extra external switch. (I hope so anyway,
because otherwise it's going to be difficult to contrive any kind of switch
arrangement between the timer unit & the boiler control board, since
being a
modular unit it connects directly to the board via some dedicated connector
no actual "wiring" is involved....

The research I've done so far is giving me cause for serious concern re the
CBUS T-stat units...

- They are configured to operate on the HVAC application, although it does
seem to be possible to change that to the lighting application (otherwise
I'd not have been able to "share" an existing relay module that I
just
happen to have 1 spare channel on)

- I'm not sure it's possible (still trying to find out) to adjust the
setpoint temperature remotely from other CBUS units - if so this is a
*major* shortcoming

- although it broadcasts the actual measured temperature on CBUS, it's not
entirely clear how useable that actually turns out to be for use in other
units...

- Worst of all, the forums are littered with dire warnings of the four
horses of the apocalypse descending to destroy the Earth if you even
*think*
about letting anything else other that the CBUS T-stat switch that relay
channel controlling the boiler... - this is an absolute showstopper if
true...

More research still required, but following my initial optimism regarding
these units, I'm now beginning to think that they might be a big fat waste
of time..

Paul G.