RE: Fw: How would YOU approach this HA task?

I think I'm leaning towards this as the simplest option...

Leave the existing controls as they are, - for the timeclock I'll
"de-program" any on times so that this never calls for heat. I'll
also turn
the existing wireless stat right down, so that also never calls for heat...
(although since it's in series with the timeclock that shouldn't actually
matter).

Put a CBUS relay across the boiler's heat demand terminals (now handily
available outside the casing)

Use a CBUS room stat to set the temperature (one of the relay-free models)

Therefore the existing controls are always available to be used if required
(just turn them up), but won't under normal circumstances
"interfere" with
or "override" what the HA system want to set..

"standard" end-user operation is maintained by setting a knob on
"standard" looking room thermostat (WAF)

Full control is available via any CBUS units, and therefore by Comfort, -
either of which I can use to set my heating schedule - I'll probably go for
using Comfort to do this, since it has easily accessible scheduling options
for weekday/weekend operation, knows about sunset/sunrise times, knows when
all the UK public holidays are, and knows the occupancy status of the
house...

The temperature measured by the CBUS roomstat is available as a datapoint
for use in any other logic operations I might want to contrive, also thus
available to be displayed on WISER based touchsreens etc. (not sure yet if
can also get that variable through to Homeseer for use there...)

Temperature setpoint can also be set remotely in addition to manually
adjusting the roomstat knob... so Wiser touchscreens can also be used as
remote temp controllers as well as simple on/off..

Easy-peasy!

Paul G.