RE: Fw: How would YOU approach this HA task?

Yup, thanks for the comments/suggestions...

I think I will endeavour to make all the connections outside the boiler
casing... it's just going to be so much easier to work with I think... -
obviously just need to contrive a suitable enclosure / terminal block
arrangement...

I'm not after energy saving from this exercise, and separate zones really
doesn't make a great deal of sense in this house (I have TRV's almost
everywhere anyway, so I can turn off the individual rads in the (very few)
rooms we rarely use (that pretty much only applies to the 3rd bedroom).

What I am after is just a modicum of intelligent control over the central
heating on & off functions... so that I can for instance:

Have the heating turn off automatically when I leave the house & arm
the
alarm system - even if that occurs during a programmed on time
Dial in from my mobile whilst on the way home & turn the heating on in
advance of my arrival
Turn the heating on/off from a iPhone/iPod/iPad (I have all 3!) and or a
CBUS switch outside of the programmed times
Not have to remember to go & manually disable the heating when I go
away on
hols for 2 weeks.. (never again sit on the plane worrying "Did I turn
the
boiler off?)

Using just the supplied functionality imposes a set "schedule" of
on/off
times as permitted by the built in time programmer, OR it requires manual
intervention (i.e. either me or SWMBO have to manually adjust the T-stat or
advance the program)... - (the number of times I leave a but earlier than
normal & forget to manually turn the heating off...)

If I decide to "bunk off" early from work one day and come home
before I
normally would, then I come home to a cold house, - nothing in the default
control package allows me any means of remote control from off the
premises...

Will see what the electrician says this evening...

Cheers.

Paul G.