Re: Fw: How would YOU approach this HA task?

  • Subject: Re: Fw: How would YOU approach this HA task?
  • From: Simon Haslam <simon_haslam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 15:31:57 +0100 (BST)

Gareth's approach sounds good to me - nothing too controversial for a
plumb=
er to suck his/her teeth over! I'd also suggest you want the connections
ou=
tside the boiler simply because only a Corgi/Gas-Safe registered engineer
i=
s supposed to open the boiler. Of course Part-P probably applies to the
wir=
ing too :(

I'm not sure how much benefit you'll get from a simple on/off automation -
=
probably not much from an energy saving perspective anyway - so it may not
=
justify too much effort. If you could add some zone valves and get
multiple=
zones with independent control that should give better savings as you can =
only heat areas when they are occupied.

Simon