Re: Aurora LEDZWORLD GU10 Dimmable LED - Best Price ?

  • Subject: Re: Aurora LEDZWORLD GU10 Dimmable LED - Best Price ?
  • From: "howardsixtynine" <howardsixtynine@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 15:13:16 -0000

I'm quite tempted by the Aurora GU10s, but then I found these on ebay,
whic=
h appear to be the same but cheaper:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3D170554295128&ssPageN=
ame=3DSTRK:MEWAX:IT
And these, which appear to be a much cheaper Chinese 9W unit (UK supplier
t=
hough).
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3D270634301745
Has anyone tried them? Or am I just wasting my time looking at any LED
lamp=
s from ebay?=20

Howard

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Alex Clark <alex@...> wrote:

> Paul
>=20
> Are the B&Q ones 3w then?  The post I made a few weeks ago (GU10
LED) was=
for the 6w versions, equivalent to 50w, and they are really good.  They ar=
e also the same size.
>=20
> Alex
>=20
>=20
> On 1 Oct 2010, at 17:40, Paul Gordon wrote:
>=20
> > Indeed, just by chance only about a week or so ago, I decided to
try a =
new
> > LED GU10 bulb I happened upon whilst in B&Q.
> >=20
> > I have previously tried el-cheapo (still =A35 each though!) bulbs
from =
B&Q,
> > Maplin et al, and pretty much hated them, - harsh cold colour
temp and =
> > fraction of the brightness.
> >=20
> > This new kind though are like night & day... since it was
(IIRC) about
> > =A312/bulb, I just got the one to try out... it has 3 x 1W
superbright =
LEDs in
> > it (the old kind had about 10-12 LEDs in) and in the fitting it's
almos=
> > impossible to tell it apart from a 50W halogen type... the colour
and
> > brightness are near as dammit identical... I am planning to swap
out al=
l my
> > remaining 50W halogens with these over time... - even better if I
could=
find
> > a bulk supply to get them for a much more bearable cost!
> >=20
> > Sorry, I can't recall who manufactured it - it was packaged as a
B&Q ow=
> > brand if I remember correctly... no doubt something on the actual
bulb
> > itself would give a clue to its true origin, but it's in the
kitchen ce=
iling
> > now so I can't look.... - I'll probably get a couple more this
weekend
> > though, so I'll have a look then...
> >=20
> > Paul G.
> >=20
Of
> > Paul Gale
> > Sent: 01 October 2010 10:33
> > To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> > Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Aurora LEDZWORLD GU10 Dimmable LED - Best
Price ?
> >=20
> > That's a massive improvement then - colour rendition and limited
spectr=
um
> > output was one of the reasons I never went LED for downlights -
but if =
you
> > say they're close to halogen now, it may be time to look again :)
> >=20
> > Thanks Dean :)
> >=20
> > Paul.
> >=20
rendering, beam
> > angle and light intensity is near identical to Halogen.
> >=20
> > Have a look at these people Halers http://j.mp/halersled this PDF shows=
all
> > the photometric data of their LED fitting - which when we tested
here w=
as
> > virtually identical to Aurora.
> >=20
> > We have fitted both types - the Halers are good but they are an
all in =
one
> > fitting no actual lamp replacement so you throw the fitting away,
but h=
ave a
> > very low profile so great in shallow ceiling voids.
> >=20
> > Dean.
> >=20
> >=20
one ro=
om
> > for now, but plan to change the whole house. I want to then seal
up the=
gaps
> > in the loft space that the 50w lights require with regards to the
rock =
wool
> > insulation.
> >=20
> > I bought a Megaman and an Aurora unit - =A310 vs =A330 - and the
Aurora=
is
> > better, faster startup, brighter beam, but 3 x time the price x
the who=
le
> > house ? Not so sure.
> >=20
> > Anyone able to get these Aurora units at a decent price , closer
to =A3=
20 ?=20
> > http://www.aurora.eu.com/productpages/LampProductDetails.aspx?g=3D7274
> >=20
> > tia
> >=20
> > Unless stated otherwise above:
> > IBM United Kingdom Limited - Registered in England and Wales with
numbe=
> > 741598.=20
> > Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth,
Hampshire PO6 =
3AU