Re: Re: BT HomeHub Networking Woes

Just an update - I've switched back to my older router and separate
access
point and I have *no* trouble seeing any of my old shares. Everything works
perfectly as before.

So it looks like its not a PC firewall issue but *is* related to the new
home hub.
Why is this so difficult?

Tim.

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 12:47 PM, Tim Hawes <timsyahoo@xxxxxxx>wrote:

> Thanks guys - it's nice to know I'm not on my own.
>
> I still can't understand the ".home" suffix and google isn't
very helpful.
> I've changed the workgroup name from "WORKGROUP" to
"HOME" but there was no
> improvement. I'll try the hosts file suggestion and fixed IPs but it
used to
> work without that so it shouldn't be necessary. I'm getting to the the
point
> where I'm about to reinstate my old (BT) wired router & access
point just so
> it all works again...
>
> I haven't (yet) resorted to the BT call centre but may have to, or
jsut get
> a "proper" router...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tim.