Multi-port serial to IP?

With all this talk of serial/usb/ip interfaces, it got me thinking
again of virtualising my HA server machine. I have successfully been
running all of my work and home servers on two ESXi boxes with vSphere
server. So it's time to try converting the HA server.

I currently have around 8 serial devices connected by on-board and PCI
serial cards that I'd need to connect to the virtual device (either serial
to IP boxes or by using USB to serial converters with VMWare USB
passthrough).

Has anyone tried the multi-port serial to IP boxes? Is there anything
cheaper? I don't want to spend several hundred quid doing this as the
original idea is to save money by virtualising the HA server in the first
place.

Thanks,

Paul.

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums