Re: Apple TV Arrives - Quick Unboxing Photos

  On 04/10/2010 17:38, White, Peter wrote:

> Got mine all plugged in over the weekend (the packaging was a lot
> smaller on the US version due to the plug!). So far, so good, my only
> wish(es) would be either to have access to Hulu+, or some kind of
> snazzy interface with Tivo. I doubt either of those will happen, as
> going with Hulu will screw up Apple's plans for rental revenue, and
> Tivo, well, it just won't.
>
> I now have one of my servers on full-time conversion duties
> (DVD/Video_TS to M4V) using Handbreak, but it's takes around 4hrs per
> movie (at 720)...is there anything quicker? This is using a fairly
> meaty processor.
>
> Thanks, Pete

Handbrake uses the x264 <http://www.videolan.org/developers/x264.html>
program which appears to be the de-facto standard open source H264
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264>
encoder so unless you pay some
money I'm not sure you'll find a faster encoder (if you've got a CUDA
compatible gfx card you could try badaboom. There's a few more listed
here <http://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/video-encoders-h264-vc1>)

Regards
Simon

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums