Re: Aurora LEDZWORLD GU10 Dimmable LED - Best Price ?

Paul

Are the B&Q ones 3w then?  The post I made a few weeks ago (GU10 LED)
was f=
or the 6w versions, equivalent to 50w, and they are really good.  They are
=
also the same size.

Alex

On 1 Oct 2010, at 17:40, Paul Gordon wrote:

> Indeed, just by chance only about a week or so ago, I decided to try a
ne=
> LED GU10 bulb I happened upon whilst in B&Q.
>=20
> I have previously tried el-cheapo (still =A35 each though!) bulbs from
B&=
Q,
> Maplin et al, and pretty much hated them, - harsh cold colour temp and
> fraction of the brightness.
>=20
> This new kind though are like night & day... since it was (IIRC)
about
> =A312/bulb, I just got the one to try out... it has 3 x 1W superbright
LE=
Ds in
> it (the old kind had about 10-12 LEDs in) and in the fitting it's
almost
> impossible to tell it apart from a 50W halogen type... the colour and
> brightness are near as dammit identical... I am planning to swap out
all =
my
> remaining 50W halogens with these over time... - even better if I
could f=
ind
> a bulk supply to get them for a much more bearable cost!
>=20
> Sorry, I can't recall who manufactured it - it was packaged as a
B&Q own
> brand if I remember correctly... no doubt something on the actual bulb
> itself would give a clue to its true origin, but it's in the kitchen
ceil=
ing
> now so I can't look.... - I'll probably get a couple more this weekend
> though, so I'll have a look then...
>=20
> Paul G.
>=20
yo=
> say they're close to halogen now, it may be time to look again :)
>=20
> Thanks Dean :)
>=20
> Paul.
>=20
on=
> fitting no actual lamp replacement so you throw the fitting away, but
hav=
e a
> very low profile so great in shallow ceiling voids.
>=20
> Dean.
>=20
>=20
the g=
aps
> in the loft space that the 50w lights require with regards to the rock
wo=
ol
> insulation.
>=20
> I bought a Megaman and an Aurora unit - =A310 vs =A330 - and the
Aurora i=
> better, faster startup, brighter beam, but 3 x time the price x the
whole
> house ? Not so sure.
>=20
> Anyone able to get these Aurora units at a decent price , closer to
=A320=
?=20
> http://www.aurora.eu.com/productpages/LampProductDetails.aspx?g=3D7274
>=20