From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
rb_ziggy
Sent: 28 November 2010 16:16
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Logitech to replace Pronto?

After about 8 years of solid service my Pronto suffered terminal damage
after the kids dropped it one time too many.  Now has a cracked screen
across the diagonal.  Strangely, the top half still works but it really has
had it.

So, as Pronto is no more from Philips what is the closest alternative?

I've had a look at Harmony One and 1100.  Any views?

I use the Pronto in quite a sophisticated way,  I have it set up by room at
the top level and then watch / listen / lights as a submenu.

Then pressing watch then takes you to DVD / SKY / Popcorn etc and each one
turns on tv, the source, (switches tv to that source) and switches on the
AV Amp etc.

For the Home Control, Lights takes you to a submenu which allows scenes to
be selected; an alternative submenu takes you to a specific light set that
can switch on/off or dim to preset levels (This is all good old X10).
There are other menus for garden (light and fountains) etc.

I'd really like to keep this type of menu / functionality - the family are
complaining about having to use 4-5 remotes again!

So could the Harmony One do this?  Or do I have to go to the Harmony 1100.
Or is there something else I should look at.

Thanks all.