Which (DECT) phone?

Hello,

I have a BT diverse 6210 phone. One of the reasons I bought it many
years ago was that it had a sim reader so you could copy your phone
numbers across. Over the years our sim cards have been replaced and it
doesn't recognise the newer cards. The manual says it won't recognise
3G cards but we are not on 3G tariffs, so I assume they are 2G cards.

So one problem we now face is that we can't copy our contacts across
and the second problem is that this diverse model has a 100 entry
phone book, which is now full.

So for both these reasons, I am looking for a replacement.

I also have a corded BT relate, which has a sim reader that suffers
the same sim-reading problems. Call me old fashioned but I quite like
corded phones, so I would be interested in corded alternatives too.

One thing filling the address books on these phones is that one person
will have several entries, e.g. Mr X home, Mr X mobile, Mr X work. On
newer mobile phones these can all be linked to one entry. I wonder
whether the new dect phones arrange their phone books like this? If
not, I can see problems with trying to copy from a sim card.

I have read some recommendations for the Siemens gigaset but a lot of
that seems to be about voip and I haven't got into that yet.

So I am looking for a cordless and a corded phone that allow me to
share a phone book between them and my mobile phone. This could be by
sim card or bluetooth.

What do you recommend?

Thanks in advance.

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums