Re: Useful Gadget of the Week : iodd 2501 Portable Virtual ROM

  • Subject: Re: Useful Gadget of the Week : iodd 2501 Portable Virtual ROM
  • From: "nick489640" <nick.shore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 15:54:18 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <yahoogroupskh@...> wrote:

> ..and anyone how it might handle multi CD installs - can you 'eject'
an
> image and 'insert' another on the fly.. ?

>    On 20/11/2010 11:01, Brian Smith wrote:
> > A fantastic idea this.  Has anyone got one and vouch for it in
practice? I'm
> > interested to know what the ISO file selection process is like
when you
> > might have many to choose from.

You can have subfolders inside the ISO dir, so it makes it easy to be
organised, and easy to use

You can change CD on the fly too, so multi CD installs are also possible.

Initially we got them in to use them, we were so impressed when we saw them
at a trade show, in fact we never burn CDs these days, all of our system
installs and things like memtest/clonezilla are done using the i-odd.

Hope that helps

Nick.

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums