Re: Bye Bye Standby - failures?

Is there an alternative (better) system out there that does a similar
job t=
o BBSB?

Paul.

On 18 Nov 2010, at 19:34, "Rob Iles" <rob.iles@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi,
>=20
> I, too, have some failed sockets (only 4Amp, no 13Amp, though this may
be=
an
> anomaly).
>=20
> Before anyone shouts - - I *do not* work for BBS/Enistic!! :-) (I did
> contract work for them on previous occasions)
>=20
> Yes, I used to share an office with them, and did request failed units
> see if I could diagnose the issue out of *personal* interest, as I
spent =
> lot of time on the BBS Forum.
>=20
> I no longer share an office, and no longer participate on the forum,
> concentrating instead on my own work.
>=20
> IIRC, the "swap out service" was 'send a dead one back with
=A35, and it =
will
> be replaced' - - though I'm not sure if that's still on offer.
>=20
> I'd like to build up a stock of spares, but can't find anyone who has
> them!!!
>=20
> Do either of you, or anyone else, know where to get them? (Ironically,
I'=
> still a reseller, but can't get stock of any sockets)
>=20
> Again, IIRC, the fault (diagnosed buy a user, not me) is a capacitor -
-
> though I don't know which, or how easy it would be to replace.
>=20
> My =A30.02,
>=20
> Rob
>=20
>=20
> On 18 November 2010 19:22, Quinten Uijldert
<yahoogroups2@xxxxxxx> wrot=
e:
>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>> Yes, you are not alone, and if you read their forums, you'd think
>> there is some reliablity issue so many people have taken the
effort to
>> write in and complain. BBSB are saying it's only a very, very,
very
>> small amount of people affected...
>>=20
>> They offer (IIRC) a small discount if you send your faulty modules
in
>> and buy new ones, although I am not entirely sure of the details.
>>=20
>> At one point we were asked to send our faulty modules in for some
>> investigative work, but no conclusion has ever come forward.
>>=20
>> I keep a healthy stack of spares ;)
>>=20
>>=20
>> On 18 November 2010 19:18, craig
<craigc.lists@xxxxxxx<craigc.lis=
ts%40googlemail.com>>
>> wrote:
>>> I have a dozen or so ByeBye modules. Recently 3 (25%)  have
failed all
>> with
>>> same fault, they immediately turn off after being turned on,
even with =
no
>>> load. All used on different devices.
>>>=20
>>>=20
>>>=20
>>> Anyone else had issues? Is there a simple component (relay?)
that can b=
>>> replaced in the modules?
>>>=20
>>>=20
>>>=20
>>> They are only a couple of years old, so reluctant to just bin
them.
>>>=20
>>>=20
>>>=20