Re: Bye Bye Standby - failures?

Hi,

I, too, have some failed sockets (only 4Amp, no 13Amp, though this may be
a=
anomaly).

Before anyone shouts - - I *do not* work for BBS/Enistic!! :-) (I did
contract work for them on previous occasions)

Yes, I used to share an office with them, and did request failed units to
see if I could diagnose the issue out of *personal* interest, as I spent a
lot of time on the BBS Forum.

I no longer share an office, and no longer participate on the forum,
concentrating instead on my own work.

IIRC, the "swap out service" was 'send a dead one back with =A35,
and it wi=
ll
be replaced' - - though I'm not sure if that's still on offer.

I'd like to build up a stock of spares, but can't find anyone who has
them!!!

Do either of you, or anyone else, know where to get them? (Ironically, I'm
still a reseller, but can't get stock of any sockets)

Again, IIRC, the fault (diagnosed buy a user, not me) is a capacitor - -
though I don't know which, or how easy it would be to replace.

My =A30.02,

Rob

On 18 November 2010 19:22, Quinten Uijldert <yahoogroups2@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Yes, you are not alone, and if you read their forums, you'd think
> there is some reliablity issue so many people have taken the effort to
> write in and complain. BBSB are saying it's only a very, very, very
> small amount of people affected...
>
> They offer (IIRC) a small discount if you send your faulty modules in
> and buy new ones, although I am not entirely sure of the details.
>
> At one point we were asked to send our faulty modules in for some
> investigative work, but no conclusion has ever come forward.
>
> I keep a healthy stack of spares ;)
>

> On 18 November 2010 19:18, craig
<craigc.lists@xxxxxxx<craigc.list=
s%40googlemail.com>>
> wrote:
> > I have a dozen or so ByeBye modules. Recently 3 (25%)  have
failed all
> with
> > same fault, they immediately turn off after being turned on, even
with =
no
> > load. All used on different devices.
> >

> > Anyone else had issues? Is there a simple component (relay?) that
can b=
> > replaced in the modules?
> >

> > They are only a couple of years old, so reluctant to just bin
them.

>=20=20

--=20
*Rob Iles