Re: [OT] eCard designer?

  • Subject: Re: [OT] eCard designer?
  • From: "bradsalmon" <bradsalmon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 10:14:09 -0000

Hi Pete,

If you want to send around by email as well then depending on the type of
people you are sending to, you may find that some places block powerpoint
and/or flash attachments due to viruses etc. In this case PDFs are less
likely to be blocked and you can get PDF creation software which keeps the
animations from Powerpoint.

If it's definately only on a website then I'd consider the old skool method
of gif animations. Really simple to achieve. I believe there was a program
called The Gif Construction Set once upon a time.

Feel free to drop me an email if you want to ask anything. I've been
working on websites for a number of years and whilst I mainly do data and
not flashy images or movies, I might be able to help.

Good luck,

Brad

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "White, Peter" <peter.white@...>
wrote:

> I've been 'volunteered' to produce an eCard for the company, rather
than spending the usual fortune on sending out cards, with a donation going
to charity instead.

> I'm looking for something that's fairly easy to use, and that will
generate (I assume) a flash animation that can be embedded into the company
website.

> I've spent the last hour looking at PowerPoint -> Flash converters,
since I know PPT inside out, and can pretty much get it to do what I need
(iSpring looks pretty good), without looking 'powerpointy', but does anyone
else have another suggestion?  I have access to Adobe CS4, however, I've
never used it, and doubt I have time to learn it between now and the end of
the month!

> Thanks, Pete
>

> ________________________________
>
> This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Company proprietary
information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright
belonging to the Company. This E-mail is intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and
attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If
you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender
immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail
and any printout.

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums