Re: Aurora LEDZWORLD GU10 Dimmable LED - Best Price ?

  • Subject: Re: Aurora LEDZWORLD GU10 Dimmable LED - Best Price ?
  • From: Simon Haslam <simon_haslam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 11:33:56 +0000 (GMT)

I'm interested in MR16 too. I've got Osram electronic transformers on
my kitchen lights - something like up to 60VA output IIRC. I wonder how
efficiently they work with LED lights, or whether I'd need to rejig the
transformers so that, say, 6 fittings with 3W LEDs share one transformer?
Alternatively I could replace the connector with a GU10 one, earth the lamp
chassis, remove the transformers and use 240V version - would be a shame
though as I bought 12V MR16s as they were a little more energy efficient.
It doesn't look like MR16 LEDs are any cheaper than GU10 ones (despite not
needing the internal transformer) either.

Simon