Re: Network media player

I have the popcorn hour a-200 and did have the a-100. They were good
when t=
hey worked but I've lost both to no video out problems that meant had to
re=
place the motherboard. Also had no end of trouble with their hdmi on the
a-=
200 so couldn't recommend.=20

Brother has the wdtv live and he really likes it. Think there might be a
ne=
w version soon.=20

Others I looked at were the playon mini which is cheap and seems to cope
wi=
th most things.=20

Netgear  550 seems to have great features including bluray iso playback
but=
it is more expensive at 150.=20

Boxee box is out nov 10. Seems to have very good feature set but =C2=A3200
=
so more expensive. Im waiting for this at the moment as hopefully it will
d=
o iplayer and other streams as well as your network shares. Downside is
sta=
ndby power consumption is 20w.=20

Steve

On 6 Nov 2010, at 18:33, Ben McCormack <yahoogroup@xxxxxxx> wro=
te:

> I need some advise, I have finally given up on AppleTV. I am an Apple
fan=
boy but fed up with ATV not playing common media files. So for the past fe=
w years I have hacked the ATV but always had problems with updates every
co=
uple of months. I have decided another solution is needed.
>=20
> Requirements are very simple
>=20
> Ability to play a wide raged of media formats (video) I download a lot
of=
torrents
> Play from network (wired) share. All media is stored on central mac
> If possible marked as watched function
>=20
> I have been looking at the WDTV Live that seems to meet most
requirements=
and gets good reviews. Anyone got one?