Re: Manifold/TRV actuators - 24V or 240V?

  • Subject: Re: Manifold/TRV actuators - 24V or 240V?
  • From: "semi.jons" <semi.jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 12:01:04 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "simon_haslam" <simon_haslam@...>
wrote:

> I'm nearly at the point of finishing off my CH installation and have
to sort out the actuators for the 7 port manifold that will run my radiator
zones.

<snip>

> What do people think? Stick to 24V and know everything is low voltage
(and no Part P concerns) or go for the much more common 240V?

This is v topical as I am mid-automating my heating...
I've a mixed UFH (downstairs) and radiator (upstairs) scheme and the
orginal UFH controller has 240V actuators, so I will be retaining these and
within the same enclosure the call 4 heat and pump relays are all 240V.
For the Rads its all plumbed as a single circuit so I'll be using Idratek
(Sauter) acutators that screw on to the TRV body.  These will be 24V as
they terminate in bedrooms and bathrooms.

I've also left the standard controls in place so I can change-over to
"plumber friendly" mode at the flick of a switch (and a re
programme of the timer etc!).  I think without standard controls the
plumbers will be v wary anyway, so its probably a matter of personal
preference.  From a reliabilty view fewer components will be better as you
note, so I'd go for 240V.

HTH
JonS
Taking a break from running control cable into UFH manifold cupboard - must
go put boards back!

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums