Re: How to Join Alarm Cables

On 4 November 2010 10:39, JonS <semi.jon@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I want to create a distribution box for my alarm cables so that I do
not
> have to disturb the main enclosures to make minor changes (Idratek
module=
> have inputs on relay modules). =A0I need capacity to join about 100
cores
> (i.e. 50 joints) but some are solid other stranded of varying
diameters a=
s I
> have a mix of alarm and Cat5e cable to join. Some are carrying power
(12V=
)
> others signal.

You may want to look at the dear old chokky block, as IDC can be a bit
funny with regard to different cable insulation and core size. You may
have issues with bad connections later on. Alternatively look at DIN
rail and DIN connectors. You can put together impressively sized
common blocks etc.

Impressive 48 way junction box here.

http://www.dantech.uk.com/da301.html

I've used these 24 way ones in the past.

http://www.knightplastics.com/view_item.asp?id=3D73

Din rail terminals

http://www.rapidonline.com/Cables-Connectors/Control-Gear-Din-Terminal/Term=
inals/DIN-Rail-terminals-and-accessories/60383

I have no connection with either companies. I have used boxes like
these when working in the security trade. (mainly CCTV and access
control side)

Cheers

Rich

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums