Re: Re: Tell me about 1-wire...

For info, a complete kit of parts as follows

1 - 1wire PCB
1 - Double RJ45 connector
1 - DS18B20 temp sensor
1 - 3 pin header and jumper (to select powered or parasitic)
1 - 3 way screw terminal for remote sensor.

Is £11.00 plus postage, with a discount for 5 or more kits.

I'm happy to discuss pricing for parts indiviually such as PCB's and
RJ45 connectors.

Cheers

Stuart

On 03/11/10 08:53, turner228 wrote:

> Gents
> Just thinking about the physical network structure, you would be well
> advised to read this application note from maxim, the supplier of the
> one wire devices:
>
> Guidelines for Reliable Long Line 1-Wire® Networks
> http://pdfserv.maxim-ic.com/en/an/AN148.pdf
>
> Stuarts board has 2 RJ45 connectors, these permit the use of ready
> made, pre-tested, cables as well as making your own up using the RJ45
> connectors. If you make your own up I would recommend the use of the
> readily available RJ45 network cable tester
>
> The board also has has a 3 way terminal block for the addition of
> additional sensor(s) "dropped off" from this pcb
>
> When installing long or complex networks it is always best to be
> cautious and to install progressively and test the functionality right
> back to the interface as you go along.
>
> One of the plus points of the rj45 connectors is it is simple to
> disconnect parts of the network later when fault-finding
>
> I don't recall right now how much i paid for my boards, but i did not
> consider them expensive.
>
> HTH
>
> KevinT

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums