Re: Re: Tell me about 1-wire...

  • Subject: Re: Re: Tell me about 1-wire...
  • From: Simon Haslam <simon_haslam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 08:29:26 +0000 (GMT)

Yes, I've gone for CAT 5 cable (Clipsal pink actually) and 5V powered
from the start - seems to remove some unknowns. I do get some drop outs,
even after increasing the poll time to 1.25s, but expect this is because
I've got things plugged into a breadboard and not yet soldered so am not
too worried.

1-wire software? For my current prototype I'm using digitemp to read my
LinkUSB and rrdtool for graphs, running on Ubuntu on an O2 Joggler. I am
planning to move to owfs when I get time. For the "final" version
I was thinking of using an opn-one (it would be nice to have an
embedded/independent/reliable heating controller) but that has been
discontinued so probably owfs, maybe with MisterHouse, on a Buffalo
Linkstation NAS.