Re: Tell me about 1-wire...

  • Subject: Re: Tell me about 1-wire...
  • From: "simon_haslam" <simon_haslam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 09:05:52 -0000

Thanks for posting those 1-Wire links & pics KevinT. I've found
the various wiring approaches for 1-wire to be quite confusing (DQ and GND
seem to be the only lines that are universally agreed!) and so the 1WRJ45
standard seems a sensible idea (why on earth Dallas/Maxim didn't come up
with it I don't know!).

I see the "1-wire headache" posts were from a couple of years
ago. Does Stuart (or anyone else) have any temperature PCBs they'd like to
sell (or any in the pipeline)? Also can someone suggest a good place to get
those double RJ45 PCB-mounted sockets (I tried Fleabay but wasn't sure
exactly what they were called)?

Simon

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "turner228" <kevin@...> wrote:

> Stuart Poulton has supplied members on this list with small pcbs/kits
for one wire temperature monitoring in the past.

> These units use RJ45 connectors wired as per hobbbyboards, http://www.hobby-boards.com/catalog/howto_wiring_diagram.php
>
> Another document you might find useful is
>
> http://www.vigesdal.net/weather/my_station/pdf_files/a_guide_to_the_one_wire_rj45_standard.pdf
>
> I finally got around to making up some of stuarts boards recently,
some pics of the kits here

> http://bit.ly/c5Rkxj
>
> HTH
>
> KevinT