Re: Tell me about 1-wire...

  • Subject: Re: Tell me about 1-wire...
  • From: Ian Oliver <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 11:57:14 GMT

In article <ia6nrr+3int@xxxxxxx>, Leewild80 wrote:
> Tried to search this list, but as someone has the text
"1-wire" embedded at the end of all
their posts, I couldn't see wood for't trees... :)

Ooops, that'll be me. Sorry!

> 1) How can I cater for the 3 separate networks?

Either three one-wire adaptors or a hub.

> I have read about 1-wire hubs but haven't yet seen where I could buy
these from.

I have the kit to make one but have never got around to it. I'll see if I
can find it, and more
importantly, the instructions!

> I guess I can't just "star" 3 long legs together, or can I ?

It depends on how good your driver (microlan interface) is and how good
your error handling is.

This is also worth a read.
http://diy-zoning.sourceforge.net/Advanced/app108.pdf

Ian Oliver