RE: Re: Help to 'sell' me CBUS

I recommend Ben too - great :)

Paul.

-----Original Message-----
From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
GREGORY
Sent: 31 October 2010 08:11
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Re: Help to 'sell' me CBUS

Another recommendation for Ben here, we were very happy with him.  There
are a lot of little gotcha's when installing the Wiser etc. that an
installer will know about and save a lot of time and hair-pulling.  I know
a little bit about networks but I think some of it is more tricky than it
perhaps needs to be.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Ben McCormack <yahoogroup@...> wrote:

> We have a couple of DLTs as well. To be honest I am not 100% convinced
by them as you have to look at them to read what is on the display. Not
saying they are bad just not perfect for me but they do look very very
cool.

> With the Saturns I try and keep similar settings in similar places ie
>
> Top left throughout the house turns on the lights you would expect
from that location.
> Bottom right turns off all the lights in that area
>

> I am not aware of cycling scenes on the Saturns. from my pov not sure
you will even need more than 5/6 scenes. For me that may just become
confusing.

> cbus installation - The best way I have seen is the following.
>
> Normal sparky wires all lighting zones and runs the 'feed' cable back
to the cbus dimmer area.
> cbus sparky comes along and make the final connections and wires up
> the cbus side. (I used Ben Adison - http://www.benaddison.com/. On the
list and comes recommended by a few of us.) I personally used Ben to do the
whole thing and have added some later lighting circuits.