Re: iPad got delivered today!

  • Subject: Re: iPad got delivered today!
  • From: "keyvan2r" <k1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 09:33:52 -0000

Yep! Arrived yesterday...
It is a really nice device. Touch is nice and responsive, web pages load
very quickly. Some of the "made for ipad" apps make very good use
of the additional screen size & res. The bloomberg app is amazing
compared to its iphone counterpart. Evernote is also much better on the
ipad.
Have yet to try 3g, but the wireless is fast (have n wireless). It's great
for sitting & surfing on the "throne"! Beats the hell out
taking a newspaper in to read :-)
--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Phillip Harris <phil@...> wrote:

> *chuckle* Just seen the time of your email - so yours arrived Thursday
too, yes?

> Phil
>
> On 28 May 2010, at 07:33, Phillip Harris wrote:
>
> > Are they ever "all they could be"? Basically Apple have
done a very nice job of recycling the iPod Touch with a bigger screen and
an appropriately scaled up battery - not dissing it at all but it's also
not exactly pushing any major boundaries either.

> > Lovely to see and hold tho.
> >
> > (Oh - and some arrived yesterday too ... three friends mailed
yesterday to say they'd got theirs - I haven't ordered one myself. :-D )

> > Phil
> >
> > On 28 May 2010, at 00:55, keyvan2r wrote:
> >
> >> Got my ipad today, a day early! ordered online when they
started to take orders.
> >> Felt taking it to the queue at the regent street store - I
just drove past it about an hour ago and saw people camped outside...:-)
> >> But would porbably get beaten up & mugged!!
> >> It's a very well designed device, lovely to hold and look
at...Still not convinced that it is all that it could be....