Re: Re: Joggler back at 50

I believe it's pretty on topic...and as a few people seem interested
it
gives me some impetus to make the Joggler app more generally appealing.

A lot of people here on UKHA are unaware that xAP materialised based on
a request from UKHA members to set up a team to create a communications
bus / protocol ,  plus a low cost hardware light dimmer /relay module to
offer as an alternative to X10 devices , which was really all that was
around and affordable at the time.    The brief was to be bidirectional,
easy and open, and supportable within most low cost micro controllers
and home automation software. Fortunately the protocol we chose could be
implement on almost anything and Ethernet is now widely used and now
affordable.   In the end the hardware for the xAP lighting dimmer wasn't
deemed necessary as alternatives that can support  xAP became affordable
(aside from the certification issues we would also have had).

So xAP really is the 'UKHA' originated protocol and why I continue to
evangelise it here.   xPL forked from xAP which I have always regretted
as I don't feel that helped the adoption of either but in any such
project with many contributors people have different viewpoints.

Just on your Joggler app code question Alan -  do you own Flash and are
able to rebuild the code ?  A couple of people are playing with this
early version too and I would welcome any Flash or graphic savvy
people's assistance.

On 17/05/2010 13:58, Colin Bradford wrote:
> I'd be interested to - can we keep it on-list (unless anyone
complains?)

> Thanks,
>
> Colin.
>

> On 17 May 2010 13:56, Alan Middleton<yahoo@xxxxxxx>  wrote:
>
>> Thanks, I would be interested in more information on both this and
the joggler flash application code, either on or off list depending on
others interest.

>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Alan.

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums