From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Colin Br=
adford [cjbradford@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 17 May 2010 13:58
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Re: Joggler back at 50

I'd be interested to - can we keep it on-list (unless anyone complains?)

Thanks,

Colin.

On 17 May 2010 13:56, Alan Middleton <yahoo@xxxxxxx<mailto:yahoo%=
40arctic-circle.org>> wrote:
> Thanks, I would be interested in more information on both this and the
jo=
ggler flash application code, either on or off list depending on others
int=
erest.

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Alan.

Meteor
>> uses one (you have to create a custom cable to use more).  I
attach my
>> alarm system,  a TOM10  and a Quasar temp sensor board off the
other
>> ports. This module is well suited to receiving data from a serial
device
>> like the Meteor and presenting it via xAP, but less suited to
>> controlling devices as it's a bit slow in parsing Ethernet control
>> packets (as it lacks an inbuilt function to convert strings to
>> lowercase/uppercase) which is needed for address matching.
>>
>> I can dig out a link to the product if you're interested and ,
assuming
>> you have a Meteor, I can send you my code to use/adapt.    I'm
sure
>> there must be cheaper devices available than the Meteor nowadays.
>> Alternatively there is a free xAP app 'xAPTel' if you wish to
connect
>> the Meteor direct to a Windows PC.
>>
>> cheers Kevin
>>
>> On 17/05/2010 12:56, Alan Middleton wrote:
>> > Hi Kevin,
>> >
>> > Do you have some more information on the "Meteor + small
xAP bolt on b=
ox". Is the bolt on box available for purchase or is there information
on h=
ow to build one?

>> > Thanks in advance,
>> >
>> > Alan.