Re: When Your Home Server Dies - a UPS Review

  • Subject: Re: When Your Home Server Dies - a UPS Review
  • From: "Tony" <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 15:07:21 -0000

For anyone else wondering about this the personal edition of powerchute
doesn't have the option to run scripts

The free business version does but doesn't seem to work with this UPS, via
the USB cable at least

Have ordered the free serial cable so I can try to get the business edition
working, else I have the basic serial protocol and will try and write my
own

Tony

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Tony" <tony@...> wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> I have one of these on order, been meaning to protect my WHS since I
got it, but had never got around to it

> Was wondering if you knew if the software they supply allows an
external program to be run when events occur please?

> Many thanks
> Tony
>
> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Mark McCall <lists@> wrote:
> >
> > A few days ago we had a 27 minute power outage during a lightning
> > storm near the Automated Home.  Not an unusual occurrence in
itself -
> > but this one was to be more significant.  After a few days of
wailing
> > and nashing of teeth here are the lessons learnt and why we now
have
> > an in-expensive but effective UPS on our server...
> >
> > http://bit.ly/9fKoYo
> >
> > M.

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums