Re: When Your Home Server Dies - a UPS Review

> They have a very high WAF when you are watching TV and you hear
the click of
> the ups going on-line and off, knowing that we don't have to reset
anything
> or fuss with getting back to the same bit of the movie on Blu-ray.

Nice setup.

I see Stuarts comment on the article asking about increased power
consumption when using a UPS
<http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/Reviews/When-Your-Home-Server-Dies-a-UPS-Review.html>
Anyone know what it's likely to be?  Is it safe to use a plug-in
power meter with a UPS ?

> Useful article Mark, thanks - WHS seems to tick more and more boxes
for me.

So far so good - when it can withstand losing the system disk like
this it's another plus point - even though it would be much nicer if
it retained the customisations.  One additional thing I should have
added - I'm going to enable Duplication for all my Folder, including
video files now too.  The thought of losing it all was too much.  I
don't have phil-esque data volumes though so this is doable for me.

> (plus it's the devil you know issue for me as the system I support is
all
> Windows based)

Yes, that was part of my reasoning too.

M.