Re: Re: Joggler - scope for HA use ?

On 4 May 2010, at 17:31, jambrose00 wrote:

> I have just purchased one, however I have noticed this device
> doesn't/the ability to turn off. There seems to be no on/off switch.
> (That would have been nice).
>
> What has other folks done? Do you just let the LCD turn off and to
> rewake it just touch the screen.

You can enable telnet/ssh and then, VERY* carefully edit /etc/X11/
xorg.conf and change the lines that read

Option  "BlankTime"     "0"
Option  "StandbyTime"   "0"
Option  "SuspendTime"   "0"
Option  "OffTime"       "0"

to something more suitable. I'm using

Option  "OffTime"       "5"

which turns power to the monitor off after 5 minutes. Touch the screen
to wake it up again

*If you screw up your xorg.conf your joggler wont boot properly,
although it is a recoverable situation

---

Andy Powell / ScaredyCat / FuzzyCat

Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScaredyCat