RE: Velux windows - 3rd party ?

Gareth,

Not quite the same thing, but I have motorised Velux windows opening using
Comfort and CBUS.

I have 2 of the old style Velux's (not the Integra or whatever they are
called) and have a motor control module that supplies the 24v to the
windows
and manages "all close" etc. This same module is designed to
operate the
blinds or shutters as well, although you still have a maximum of 3 motors
per controller.

The motor control module then connects to a keypad which can control the
windows (3 up buttons, 3 down and 3 stop).  If you follow their
architecture
then you need a separate (damned expensive) module to make an external
interface, but the velux keypads include an IR sensor, so I've learnt all
of
the codes into Comfort so that it can send the relevant open, close signals
to each of the three windows.  CBUS logic then manages the open/close from
Saturn's (which is what I wanted your dynamic text code for last month.),
although in hindsight I'd have put sensors on the windows to feedback their
state.

I have got a third party window opener on a third window (well it's in a
box
nearby) which operates happily using the Velux motor control unit.

I picked all of mine up on e-bay over the last couple of years.

I found the IR approach much better than trying to use relays from Comfort
which was going to be complex and use a lot of Outputs.

Not sure if that helps at all,

Pete

_____