Re: Re: [ukha_d] Acer Revo 3600's for £130 inc VAT

  • Subject: Re: Re: [ukha_d] Acer Revo 3600's for £130 inc VAT
  • From: Ian Oliver <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 15:04:19 GMT

In article
<5ffcf15f1003120159o4267d5fbo33679a7e81901d5e@xxxxxxx>,
Vargster wrote:
> Eh? The wifi cards out of the Revo? Because you're not using them I
guess...

Yup.

> But the 160GB drives? What are you using instead?

The plan is the PXE boot them all from the backend. Linux installs are
small,
perfectly happy with pretty much everything being read-only, and they boot
quickly off almost anything.

> Did I read the other bit right? Multiple Prog Streams can now be
pulled out
> of a DVB Transport Stream?   Fabulous!

It's called multirec or virtual tuners depending on where you are in the
GUI.
I set four virtuals per real tuner, but you can go up to five. The future
intention is to allow this to go much higher.

> Is that just on the Hauppauge's or in general now?

Anything that can do multi-PID filtering, which seems to be most/all DVB
cards/tuners.

We tried giving it more than it could handle but we failed. Even with
*huge*
pre/post buffers, and loads of stuff selected to record, it just did it. We
even tried watching three different previous recordings at the same time
(from
different front ends) and this also just worked.

WAF is *very* high. She particularly likes being able to drive it from a
web
browser. Daughter likes being able to download the MP2s to her machine
(also
from web interface) and transcode to her nano for the bus to school.

Ian Oliver
Sunny Leeds, UK
Using Java on Tini for control via Dallas 1-wire

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums