Re: [OT] Help - failed Iomega Home Network

Could not agree more :-)

For those not in the know I witnessed the unbelievable last weekend.

Ian very kindly helped with my failed Iomega and I popped over to see him.
The drive was dutifuly removed from the Iomega case and connected to his
Mythtv pc.

No joy at all - the drive would mount then fail to read - not even the
S.M.A.R.T. data could be read.

Time for drastic action - a cup of tea. Oh, and lets put the drive in the
fridge (in a plastic bag of course!)

After the crucial cup of tea, the drive was reconnected, while resting on a
wine cooler pack.

Amazingly (and proving some old wive's tales are in fact true) the drive
behaved perfectly. All of the data was copied off without a single
error!!!!!

If I had not seen it with my own eyes I would not have believed it!!!!

Ian you are a miracle worker!

Cheers

Jonny

<VA.000026f1.0049b6b2@xxxxxxx<VA.000026f1.0049b6b2%40foxhill.co.uk>>,
> Ian Oliver wrote:
> > Do you have a Linux box around?
>
> Oh, and we'll also be needing a 'fridge and a wine chiller pack. ;-)
>

> Ian Oliver
> Sunny Leeds, UK
> Using Java on Tini for control via Dallas 1-wire

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums