From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
mwgardner2000
Sent: 22 June 2010 09:51
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Re: Anyone tried to upgrade to iOS4 yet?

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the response. I'm definitely using USB2, although yes, I do have
daisy chained hubs. Can't say that that has noticeably caused a problem in
the past though, but given what you have said, I will stop the current
backup and connect direct.

Would you expect a received phone call to interrupt the process though?

Cheers
Mark

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx <mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
, Paul Gale
<groups2@...> wrote:

> Yes - did my 3G 16Gb last night - took nearly 3 hours to do the
upgrade
with a full phone. Apps seemed to take as long if not longer than the
videos
and music (vid and music are significantly bigger) - maybe the upgrade does
some housekeeping or re-creates save files and settings etc???

> Before that, a normal backup took 5-10 minutes max - have you checked
your
USB connection - is it plugged into a USB2 port etc and not daisy-chained
over several hubs???

> I think your backup question is related to the upgrade - backup that
you
instigated will be shown in the top status bar but upgrade process does a
different backup (I think) and this is shown in the upgrade popup window.

[mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx