Re: HDMI over CAT5

I attended a HDMI presentation at CEDIA last week and was led to
believe th=
e cheaper HDMI over CAT5 units down convert to composite and then push
down=
CAT5 and reconvert at the other end. So while the plasma may report 1080p =
it is not.

Not sure how true this is but it made sense to me.

Ben

On 21 Jun 2010, at 16:47, Gareth Cook wrote:

> I've got the =A324 a pair CPC units - and shove 1080i down them no
proble=
m=20
> into my 4x4 HDMI matrix.
>=20
> Shout offlist if you want more info.
>=20
>=20
> G.
>=20
>=20
> Hi All
>=20
> Does anyone have and practical experience with any of the HDMI over
CAT5
> baluns that are available.  I'm exploring options of upgrading my
existin=
> V+ distribution via COAX to support HD but looking at Keene, for
example,
> there is a bewildering array of boxes to do it.  These range in price
fro=
> =A350 a pair to =A3500.  My gut feel is go in cheap at =A350 and see
what=
=20
> happens
> but has anyone been there and done it?  Distance requirements should
be
> fairly short at the 20-30m range rather than the 200m some systems
quote.
>=20
> Cheers
>=20