Re: Is there a MythTV Guru in the house?

  • Subject: Re: Is there a MythTV Guru in the house?
  • From: Ian Oliver <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 17:52:43 +0100

In article <03df01cb0d45$34b8c560$9e2a5020$@co.uk>, Alex
Monaghan
wrote:
> Simple? Any issues with this setup? Any guides?

I've got mythtv running rather sweetly, but I'm just doing Freeview SD
at the moment. I'm using Revos throughout, single core in frontends and
dual in backends, and it works a treat. I have four tuners, so can
record loads of progs at once. I'm moving SD content via homeplug in
one case, and it works well. Wifi was a bit marginal.

The Revos handle HD fine (tested with Big Buck Bunny) but I'm told you
need to upgrade the memory to 2GB to allow the video memory up to 512MB
to enable VDPAU. It worked for me without doing this, but the extra
memory was only £12 a box on ebay.

Getting lirc going with my cheapo remotes was the hardest part:
everything else just worked.  The mythtv mailing list is busy but very
helpful.

Ian Oliver
Sunny Leeds, UK
Using Java on Tini for control via Dallas 1-wire

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums