[OT] Virgin Sodding Media

  • Subject: [OT] Virgin Sodding Media
  • From: "Tim" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 08:35:48 -0000

Sorry for the OT post but this is driving me crazy.

I am now the proud owner of 3 cable routers for a VM BB account.  The STB
(SMT-2100C) is fine and any machine connected to its ethernet port works
fine.  The netgear router completes its wizard and says it is connected,
but nothing can connect through it (wired or w/less).  The other routers
behave similarly.  I spoke to VM "Tech Support" and they told me
I needed a modem as well as the STB - I can't find out if this is true but
can't believe it is.

For the record I have tried spoofing the MAC address of the STB in the
router (NTL help says its not necessary) but that didn't work either.  I
can't think of anything else other than buying more routers - if anyone has
any ideas I'd be happy to hear them - unless they are the type of idea
along the lines of "sod off and do your own tech support" in
which case thanks, but I already had that one.

Tim.

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums