Starting over?

  • Subject: Starting over?
  • From: "abovingdon" <bov@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 13:24:41 -0000

I have been active with HA for 10 years now, with an old HomeVision unit in
control. X10 units controlling lights, a separate relay board for external
watering and a range of sensors for motion, doors and rain. I also use a
Slingbox to stream TV about the house and Squeezeboxes for audio.

So the question is where next? I would like to have control of things from
the web and iPads etc, ideally with better integration of audio, TV, movies
from my server etc... But it's got to remain reliable, cost effective and
easy to configure.

If I started with a blank sheet, what would everyone recommend as the ideal
HA solution (or combination of solutions) for the next 10 years?

Andy.

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums