Re: Fw: GAH ! Soldering expert required Surrey/Berks/Hants

"Yes. Comfort can do that, and you can specify how many
milliseconds it
should trigger the relay for"

Cool - might need to experiment a bit, but 500mSec sounds about right for a
button press.
Shouldn't have to worry about relay contact bounce, unless it's REALLY bad.

"So, for BBS, we could hack a remote"

Yup, have done a few now :-)

"assuming you dont have a bare remote kit with screw terminals ?"

No such luck - if they were available I'd have a lot more hair left!
I've basically been "reducing" the finished remote control, back
to where
you'd expect such things.

I'm soldering in fly leads, and terminating them on whatever's best. Strip
of Veroboard and some screw terminals
are very do-able, if that's your preference.

On 1 June 2010 14:11, Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> "Are you looking to do a similar thing, but have relays
controlled by
> {Something}, that will then simulate a BBS Button Press?"
>
> Yes. Comfort can do that, and you can specify how many milliseconds it
> should trigger the relay for.
>
> So, for BBS, we could hack a remote, assuming you dont have a bare
remote
> kit with screw terminals ?
>

> <Quote>You got a usable switchable remote I can plumb relays
into
> ?</Quote>
>
> Not sure I quite follow :s
>
> The "Remotes" are transmitters - like
> these<http://www.domialifestyle.com/BBS_Range.asp>-
See BSBKW for 1

<g%40uk.ibm.com>> wrote:

> > Yes, it was rfxcom. Cytech reckon it may work with their special
> firmware,
> > but I dont fancy spending my cash to test it all out.
> >
> > For the former, as many as poss. Certainly, I'd like 6 at the
moment.
> You
> > got a usable switchable remote I can plumb relays into ?
> >

> > Ah, stop moaning :p
> >
> > Which 'bloody board' are you waiting on? BBS, or RFXCOM?
> >
> > If the latter,no joy I'm afraid. (well, one more possibility, but
its
> > unlikely)
> >
> > If the former, how many channels do you want to swich?

> > On 1 June 2010 10:02, Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxx
<g%40uk.ibm.com> <g%
> 40uk.ibm.com>> wrote:
> >

> > > It's not BBS. But I've been waiting for you to send me that
bloody
> board
> > !
> > > :-)
> > >
> > > G.
> > >

> > > BBS perchance? If so, which model of remote? (I've done
2-way, 6-way &
> > > 8-way
> > > so far. 8-way is a ****
> > >
> > > I'm not in your neck of the woods, but if you're doing what
I think
> > you're
> > > doing, and are prepared to cover cost of remote-control, and
sending
> it
> > > you - then I'll hapilly do so. No charge for the soldering
(Gotta get
> > you
> > > hooked 1st, then start charging ;-) )
> > >
> > > I wouldn't consider myself a "handy solderer", but
have recently
> removed
> > > approx 2000 tiny SMD resistors from PCB's that were built to
wrong
> spec,
> > > and
> > > replaced them all with the correct value. (These SMD devices
are small
> > > enough, that I found two under a finger nail one evening,
sometime
> after
> > > arriving home. Not because I felt them, just spotted them -
and I keep
> > my
> > > nails short, so's not to scratch myriad touch screen
devices!
> ("normal"
> > > tweezers are too chunky to put them in place for soldering,
which is
> > done
> > > under a magnifying loupe!!
> > >
> > > R.