Fw: GAH ! Soldering expert required Surrey/Berks/Hants

  • Subject: Fw: GAH ! Soldering expert required Surrey/Berks/Hants
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 10:02:16 +0100

It's not BBS. But I've been waiting for you to send me that bloody
board !
:-)

G.

BBS perchance? If so, which model of remote? (I've done 2-way, 6-way &
8-way
so far.  8-way is a ****

I'm not in your neck of the woods, but if you're doing what I think you're
doing, and are prepared to cover cost of remote-control, and sending it to
you - then I'll hapilly do so.  No charge for the soldering (Gotta get you
hooked 1st, then start charging ;-) )

I wouldn't consider myself a "handy solderer", but have recently
removed
approx 2000 tiny SMD resistors from PCB's that were built to wrong spec,
and
replaced them all with the correct value. (These SMD devices are small
enough, that I found two under a finger nail one evening, sometime after
arriving home. Not because I felt them, just spotted them - and I keep my
nails short, so's not to scratch myriad touch screen devices!
("normal"
tweezers are too chunky to put them in place for soldering, which is done
under a magnifying loupe!!

R.

On 27 May 2010 20:57, Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> It's driving me bonkers ! I have failed to solder some wires onto a
board
> that I need :-(
>
> Is there anyone in the surrey , berks, or hampshire area that is a
very
> handy solderer - I need 6 wires attached to a small remote control.
>
> Thanks !
>

> Unless stated otherwise above:
number
> 741598.