Re: {Disarmed} iPad...taking the plunge

On 17/07/2010 06:29, Peter + Jane wrote:

> A few questions for those who have iPads already
> 1.My conclusion is the base model (16GB WiFi only) will be adequate.
> Am I right?

Yup.

> 2. I am concerned about ease of dropping the thing (eg in the
> kitchen). Any recommendation re bumpers?

I have mine in a leather case which has protected it during the few
times my two year-old has dropped it (interestingly, she's uses it more
than anyone in our houshold!)

> 3. Is a screen protector a must, or is the screen scratch resistant
> enough for modest (hopefully careful!) use?

I Would recommend one. It makes no difference to the appearance or
sensitivity and will protect the screen.

> 4. Is a case really recommended (for example when taking it to
> friends as a photo album)?

I would recommend one for any time it's not in your stand.

> 5. Would a substantial, stable stand be a good idea for kitchen use?
> The dock looks a bit marginal!

I dont use it in a doc, so can't comment on that one.

Cheers

Neil

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums