From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Nick Austin
Sent: 09 July 2010 17:34
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] automating a remote control - relays?

I've done this using both the CD4016BC and CD4066BC quad bilateral
switches.  Both supplied as standard 14-pin DIP with 4 switches per
package.  Both run from 5 volt power and are switched by standard
5-volt logic signals.

Datasheets:
http://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/CD%2FCD4016BC.pdf
http://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/CD%2FCD4066BC.pdf

Nick.

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 10:29 AM, Paul Gale <groups2@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm considering whether to automate a remote control - I can easily
hack
it and bring out the button contacts to then link to a number of relays.

> However, I was wondering if relays are the best option - they can be
pretty noisy, especially if the remote needs a key sequence.

> If I'm controlling from HomeVision - are there any smarter solutions
that
anyone can recommend?