Re: New Boiler (with automation inclusion)

Take a look at thermal stores. They're like hot water tanks in reverse
-
the boiler, immersion, solar panels etc heat the water in the tank
(directly in many cases, allowing the boiler to heat the tank in one
long burn instead of loads of little cycles).

The mains pressure cold water pipe runs through the tank in a coil and
heats up on the way - voila, mains pressure hot water without the crappy
low flow of a combi, and the bonus of being able to fit an immersion as
backup for when the boiler is on the fritz.

I had one in a previous house and it worked great - next house (after my
current rented one that has the worst showers in the world) a thermal
store is going to be the first job on the list.

Mal